Welcome to this blog site, which I have created for fellow migraineurs to share their experience of struggling with migraines and also to take a look at how other people are dealing with this disorder. It is not possible for a person who has never had migraines to imagine how debilitating this disease can be. It is my hope that here you will find a sympathetic ear and also learn that it is possible for you to take certain actions to help minimize the flareup of the symptoms of this disease and regain control of your life to some degree.
I have summarized and published my own experience, analysis and counteraction in the e-book titled “Tame Migraine the Delicious Way“. This e-book is available at amazon.com, Apple iBookstore, Barnes&Noble, and Kobo. It can also be read on a Tolino device. If you don’t have a hand-held device, you could read the ebook on your PC by downloading a free ebook reader. Migraines and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) are but two of many ailments that can be avoided through a careful choice of food intake. “Tame Migraine the Delicious Way” shows you how to incorporate migraine-safe and IBS-safe foods into your daily meals, and I think it is worth a read if you or someone you care about suffers from migraines and or IBS. I also believe that you will enjoy preparing and eating the foods featured in this e-book. As an example, you can find my recipe for the Egg Flower Soup at the end of this post.
To help organize the material at this blog site for easier reading, I have set up a page for each category of information. Should you decide to contribute a comment, please post it to the relevant page. If you would like some other relevant topics to be added for discussion, please let me know.
I hope you will read all the comments with an open and educated mind. Visiting this site will just be like exchanging ideas and sharing your feelings with your family, neighbors and acquaintances. Please see your doctor if you need medical advice.
By the way, if learning Chinese does not give you a headache, then you might enjoy my blog posts at https://teachmechinese.wordpress.com. 🙂
How to Make a Scrumptious Egg Flower Soup
3 cups home-made Soup Stock
1 medium-sized ripe tomato
1 short stalk of celery heart (optional)
1/4 cup young corn kernels (optional)
1/2 tsp salt (to taste)
1 dash ground pepper
1 stalk green onion, finely chopped
1 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp water
- Cut the tomato into 4 sections. Add the tomato sections and the optional celery and tender corn kernels to the soup stock in a small pot. For a non-vegetarian soup use chicken soup stock. For a vegetarian soup use a vegetable soup stock. Cook until boiling.
- Take the tomato out and remove the peels then chop the tomato into tiny pieces. Return the chopped tomato to the pot.
- Simmer the soup for 10 minutes until tomato is very soft. Remove the celery and eat it, if you like.
- Add the salt, pepper and green onions to the soup and let the soup come to a gentle boil.
- Meanwhile mix the 1 Tbsp cornstarch with the 2 Tbsp water in a small cup.
- Beat the egg. Add 1 tsp of the cornstarch mixture to the egg and beat some more.
- Add the remaining cornstarch mixture to the boiling soup and stir well. The soup should thicken somewhat.
- Use a long soup spoon to stir the soup in one direction to make a whirlpool. Remove the soup spoon then pour the beaten egg in a thin stream into the whirlpool. Turn the heat to LOW.
- As the egg sets, gently stir the soup in the same direction as the whirlpool to ensure an even mixture. Ladle into bowls to serve.